Thursday, January 19, 2006

Well...

Yesterday an old order finally came. Some bulky and some cotton. So I wound it all and put it in the appropriate bags. Feels nice to be organized, in one area anyway. :o)

Today I've been working on a problem. I have this elderly friend, a dear lady of 93 who loves to bake goodies and send them home with Alex when he works in her garden. I told her all about the felted clogs and that I wanted to make some for her. Problem is, she's allergic to wool. I've hunted around for slipper patterns that look nice that I can knit with a bulky synthetic and I haven't really been able to find anything I like. So I had this little idea. What if I use the bulky that I have, with the clog pattern I have, but use much smaller needles? So I've been experimenting, ripping out, experimenting some more, etc... All the while thinking about the other things I want to be knitting right now.

If this doesn't work out soon I think I will knit a few little swatches for her to test herself with. The last time she was irritated by wool was ages ago and I think wool qualities have changed for the better and what exists now might be nicer than anything she has tried. I've already done a little felted swatch for her to try next week. Who knows? We might both be pleasantly surprized!

Well, that's what is exciting in my life for now! Remember how I said I was going to try to get to bed by 12 from now on? Little by little I slid back to 3AM, 4AM, 5AM... Why is it so dang hard for a nightowl to turn over a new leaf? I just get so much done when it is all quiet and peaceful. Oh well, nighty night!

No comments: