Saturday, January 21, 2006

Fussy Old lady!

Well, I am still fussing with this not-to-be-felted clog for friend Vera. It worked out to knit it on smaller needles, size 8, it came out to my size (8-1/2) using the women's small in the directions. So I've ripped it all out and started over using the women's large directions.

I fiddled around with toe up type cast ons so there wouldn't have to be a seam in the middle of the sole. But nothing seems to work out. The figure 8 leaves a loose ladder down the middle. Before that I tried the Turkish cast on with a different slipper pattern that didn't work well. I'm going to try it with the clog pattern now and see how that goes. If it doesn't all work out tomorrow then I'll just knit the clog as written and she'll have a seam down the middle of the sole.

I'm worried about Alex. Yesterday while working in Mom's garden a rose thorn poked him in the hand, that fleshy part between the thumb and the forefinger. He says it bled and he washed it, but by the time he got home it was all swollen and red and hot. I worked it over with peroxide and neosporin and a bandaid, and we did it again before bed. Today he says it's better but it doesn't look like it to me. He must be a little worried about it because it didn't rain today but he stayed in, ALL day! That is not like him at all.

This worries ME because way back when we were newlyweds he had a puncture on the same hand from a kitty tooth. But he didn't tell me about it until he showed me a red line going up his arm! At the hospital he had IV antibiotic, then at home we did Betadine soaks for a week. I sure don't want to go through that again!!! If it isn't better tomorrow I guess we'll start the soaks.

I know it's not a big thing compared to so many other things that could happen. But healing thoughts would be appreciated. :o) Guess I'll go say my prayers and get to bed. Love and Hugs!

No comments: