Tuesday, October 30, 2007

The Purple Blob blooms!

I know this is sort of cheating, but I just couldn't face getting down on the floor again. I ordered this blocking kit called Knitters Block. It's 9 large interlocking foam tiles with sort of a rough, carpet like covering. You can lay them out in whatever shape you need and they are very good for pinning.

So with the tiles and my blocking wires I decided to pin out the shawl while it was folded in half. Might take a little longer to dry but I think it will work ok. I will let you know.



This is The Water Turtles shawl from Wrapped in Comfort, knit with Knit Picks Shadow lace weight in the color Grape Jelly.

1 comment:

Alison said...

I was thinking, wow, that's way narrower than mine, and then read the "folded in half" part. Oh! Phew! Okay! Well, anyway, I find laceweight dries very fast; I've blocked laceweight shawls in the morning to wear that night, and it worked. Meantime, you did a fabulous job; congratulations! Well done!