Sunday, December 04, 2005

Lyra is off...

The needles that is. Been too busy knitting to post. Anyway, crocheted it off the needles and darned in all the ends and plopped it on the table for a look-see. Now I am praying it will block out nicely. It is to be my Christmas gift for my dear Sister-in-law. I wanted to do it round but I didn't have the next size needle required for a round version. There was a lot of discussion on the Lyra list about modifying the pattern because the 3rd round of leaves always pulls. But I knit it following the pattern as charted. It will be interesting to see how it comes out.

So now I have to wash it and block it out. That's the part that scares me the most! I think I'll probably have to evict the kitties from the bedroon for a day. It should stretch a lot more than the dining room table is wide and I want to add another layer of jigsaw pieces to the matt. I wonder... if I draw lines and circles on the back of the matt with a fine line Sharpie, it should be safe to block a wet hunk of lace, shouldn't it? Guess I should test, huh? :o)

Here's a pic of it unblocked. Some folks just HAVE to have before and after pictures!

2 comments:

Laura said...

just lovely!
so curious to see more!
:L

Laura said...

just lovely!
so curious to see more!
:L