Thursday, October 27, 2005

Oh Dear!

I'm in deep doodoo now! A friend sent me a skein of lovely sock yarn that I've been knitting into a pair of socks for my hubby Alex. The skein had no wrapper and I guess it wasn't all there. It was Alex's 70th birthday and I had never knit him a pair of socks before. I finished one and it fit him perfectly. Now I see I am only going to make it through the cuff of the second one. Aaargh! My friend (hi Laura!) says it's probably an old Opal but I have searched online and can't find anything like it. If anyone has any leftover of this yarn would you be willing to part with it? Swap?



This is Merlin. He is sleeping in his bed under the knitting machine behind me. His bed is padded with a lace sample from one of the first knitting machines I learned with. He keeps me company unless there is a good sun spot in the living room.

No comments: