Thursday, April 26, 2007

It is finished!!!

Ready for the big finish? I am SO glad to have this all finished and in the mail. I got to open my own package today. It is incredible! Here are lots of pictures.



It's way too big to hold up, even if I had someone here at the time. That's our king sized bed it is spread out on. Six of us added borders to Judy's center of purple bowties. Mine is the last border of roses.







Gonna be a gorgeous quilt! I could hardly bear to pack it up and mail it. Well no, that's not true. I was glad to have it done, so I could see mine!



Isn't it gorgeous! I was just speechless when I first spread it out to look at it. There are wild geese flying in the sky, wonderful bears all over the place, really neat pinecones, happy fish swimming up a waterfall, goofy seagull hieroglyphics that seem to spell out my name, even a beautiful mariner's compass as a north star. Everything is just exquisitely done!



Mariner's compass/North star.



Happy fish swimming up stream.



Wild Geese in the night sky.



Very cool pinecones.



Fishing bear.



Silly seagulls.

So what do you think? It's been quite a day for me. Judy is now counting the hours until her package gets there. I can't wait to hear how she likes it! I'm tired and need to knit! G'night friends!

5 comments:

AlisonH said...

The bears and the birds and the trees and the...that out-in-nature one just really grabs me. That's exquisite!!

Annette said...

oooh, it's finally back. I have been popping in and out of your site for a while hoping to see the end result of this quilt project you've been involved in. Your quilt is beautiful looking. I like how the colors are offset on each side.

Michelle said...

That absolutely takes my breath away -- how neat!

Elizabeth said...

Oh My!! Both of those quilts are amazing!! I wish I had the ability to do that. What wonderful gifts they are. I also love the little camisole, very pretty.

Bonnie said...

I'm speechless. This is quilting at a level WAY beyond anything I've ever done! Beautiful doesn't even come close... these quilts are works of art. Your rose border on the first quilt is amazing! Thanks for the inspiration.