Sunday, December 24, 2006

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas everyone! I am still doing a little wrapping. Was up all night baking and making candy. I am filling jars with peanut brittle right now.



My brother and his wife were just here for a visit. He has several acres of almond and walnut trees and Angie is working on a plan to market the nuts and almond flour. They brought me a sample for Christmas. We rounded up all the gifts we've had for them for the last few Christmases we haven't seen them. They got a kick out of that!

I hope y'all have been able to see "Christmas in Yellowstone" on PBS's Nature. Truly beautiful, wonderful and awesome! I've only been to Yellowstone once in my life. I was a teenager in 10th grade, traveling cross country with 2 Girl Scouts, 1 Boy Scout and the troop leaders (Mr. & Mrs. Cicacci). It was an awesome trip with many wonderful memories.

Well my fudge didn't set, darnit! It's a microwave recipe using marshmallows and chocolate chips. Always use FRESH ingredients! Old chocolate chips don't like to melt. Didn't get my cookies made either. But Mary always makes plenty. I'll make mine after Christmas.

Well, time to make a better batch of fudge before bed. Merry Christmas to ALL and to ALL a good night!

No comments: