Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Finally a finished pair!

Hi Folks. Remember that pair of socks I was knitting for my husband's birthday last year? How I ran out of yarn before the second sock was finished and didn't know what kind it was? And how I pleaded with the knitting public to search their stashes? And how one lovely person actually had a leftover? Well I got all busy with the round robin quilts and the poor socks waited and waited, in their own special little bag, so patient. Ta da! Finally finished!



Gave them to Alex tonight and he was very pleased. I needed that.

So why am I knitting and not working on the round robin? Well, I got a copy of Virtual PC to run on my beloved Mac, but it came without an OS. ??? So I got a copy of Win98 but it isn't here yet. As soon as it is I will be able to run the EQ5 quilt design program to open the file from the last person to work on the RR I have right now. So I will have the right measurements and can design my border to fit just right.

The other reason I am knitting? I have been getting arthritis in my hands, mostly my thumbs. And despite everything I try, the only time my hands don't hurt is when I am knitting. After this last RR, the one with the bargello border, I was really hurting. I thought maybe resting my hands from any crafts for a while might help, but it didn't. I got all depressed about some things that are going on and picked up my knitting for some solace. My hands stopped hurting! It even lasts a while after I stop knitting. Whatever it is, I wish I could bottle it.

So why am I a blue robin? The one year unemployment claim that started in April only sent checks for 17 weeks. ??? I've reapplied and am praying. I've been looking for another job for 2 years almost. Know what it seems to take to get a job these days? Be young, be cute, have sexy clothes and no experience. I ain't young, I ain't cute, I walk with a cane, I ain't got any fancy clothes and I have 35 years of experience as a full charge bookkeeper.

I don't want to be a full charge anything anymore. Never got me anything but stress, more stress and a broken heart in more ways than one. Open heart surgery with 6 blissful months of no stress. Yes, stress does cause heart disease! I want a part time, sit-down job where I do something useful.

I don't need to earn a heck of a lot. Just enough to pay my exorbitantly high Kaiser dues every month and our bank loan. In 4 years I'll be able to get my Social Security and my Kaiser will cost one sixth what it does now! We will be able to see about a reverse mortgage. Alex and I both have to be retirement age since we are joint owners. And on and on...

I gotta knit some more. All prayers accepted!

No comments: