Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Better late than never!

Hi folks! I meant to do this last night but my upgraded software wouldn't talk to my old camera. All fixed today so here ya go!

First, Here are some pics of what the kitties gave Alex on Father's Day. Alex loves it! He has had his morning tea in it everyday since he got it.





Isn't it cute? I want one with an orange tabby. It could say something like, "I'm just here to dispense catnip." or "I'm just here to be a lap." Are ya listening Hallmark?

I just received the last Round Robin quilt to work on. It's already queen sized! The originator says she doesn't care how big it gets so... hope she has a king size bed! Here's the pic that was sent to me before it arrived in the mail.



What you can't see is that there are lots of 3-D flowers, hummingbirds and butterflies, buttons, beads, rutching, flapping wings. Whew! This one is really gonna stretch me. Here are some close-ups of the details.





I'm thinking it needs some kitties outside the fence. Kitties gotta chase butterflies don't they? And we might need a mouse or 2 and maybe some more flowers. All on some pretty green backgrounds, I think. Any other ideas?

Finally got Virtual PC and EQ5 on eBay for a very good deal. Can't wait to play with it and use it for designing instead of Photoshop.

I have 3 more boxes of yarn to wind too. Pictures will follow. My hands are aching to knit!. I have 2 pairs of socks to finish and my Snoopy's Crayons shrug. And I need to get started on my Mom's vest. It's a Japanese style vest from Folk Vests. I think I finally have the right yarn! (Yeah, right. :o)

That's all for now. Love and Hugs to y'all!

1 comment:

Laura said...

i think you are nuts to prewind all the yarn instead of doing it as you need it... but that's me.
i'd rather knit!
lol.

love the mug for Alex!
how funny.